* This post is brought to you by Chris Bell.
None of us are going to stay young forever. Aging is an unavoidable part of life. However, that doesn’t mean you have to start aging earlier than is necessary. The fact is that most people partake in bad habits that cause them to age prematurely. The good news is that putting a stop to these habits and replacing them with healthy choices could help slow or even reverse the aging process, keeping you looking and feeling younger.
Here are some of the things you need to stop doing because they cause premature aging:
- Smoking—Numerous studies, such as this one, have linked smoking to faster aging. The more you smoke, the faster you age. Not only does smoking make you look older by giving you wrinkles and staining your teeth, but it also increases your risk of developing a number of serious diseases. The fact is that we’ve known for decades that smoking is terrible for our health. Now’s the time to snuff out that nasty habit.
- Being overweight—There is also evidence that obesity speeds up the aging process. Studies have found that many of the health problems that come from being overweight, such as heart disease and diabetes, may result from fat cells speeding up the natural aging process. According to Tim Spector of St. Thomas Hospital in London, “Fat itself actually accelerates the aging process.” Maintaining a healthy weight is a key to staying young.
- Getting too much sun exposure—Who doesn’t love being out in the sun on a beautiful day? Unfortunately, excessive sun exposure can age you over time. Exposure to the sun can cause wrinkles and accelerate external aging, giving you age spots and elastosis (non-scientific term: leathery skin). Protect your skin if you’re going to be outdoors.
- Stressing out—Stress is a major ager. If you’re constantly stressing out, it can wreak havoc on your body, inside and out. Stress can age you in a number of ways, including damaging your cells, accelerating cellular aging, aging the brain, causing vision and hearing loss, and paving the way for other unhealthy habits that accelerate aging, such as overeating and smoking.
- Consuming too much sugar—Mmm…there’s nothing better than sweets, right? Unfortunately, sugar is one of your body’s worst enemies. It causes you to gain weight, and it can damage cells in your body. Simply put, sugar contributes to premature aging, so monitor your consumption of it carefully.
- Watching too much TV—The next time you feel like plopping down on the couch to watch some TV, remember this: watching TV could shorten your lifetime. According to researchers at the University of Queensland, you can shorten your life by as much as 22 minutes for every hour of TV you watch. This could be due to the lack of physical activity and the bad eating habits that often go hand-in-hand with watching TV. Oh, and let’s not forget that watching TV could increase your risk for developing Alzheimer’s Disease. So, maybe it’s best to find your entertainment elsewhere.
- Being lazy—Lack of physical activity can definitely cause you to age more quickly. Exercising regularly is one of the best things you can do to stay young. It helps you have more energy, maintain a healthy weight, reduce your risks for a number of diseases, and so much more. Want to find the real fountain of youth? Go the gym. That’s where it’s at. And while you’re at it, consider supplementing your workouts with HGH releasers, like the one here, to get even more benefits from them.
- Not getting enough sleep—You need to get a good amount of sleep every night. Your body craves it. Lack of sleep can lead to a number of issues, like stress, chronic fatigue, and weight gain. Make sure you’re aiming for a full 8 hours of sleep every night.
Be honest with yourself – are you guilty of any of these 8 things? The answer is probably yes, and that’s okay. Knowing is half the battle, and now that you understand some of the things that are causing you to age prematurely, you can take the necessary steps to reclaim your youth!