The past couple of weeks have been a hustle and bustle of holiday prep around here, as I am sure it has been for you. Trying to squeeze in meals has pushed my creativity to a new level on some nights. Even with eMeals being an awesome resource I still find that time isn’t my friend most days. A couple of days after Thanksgiving the kids were begging for pizza and I didn’t feel like going through the whole process of making crust, prepping ingredients, and all the fun stuff I do for them. So I came up with a compromise; Stuffed Pepperoni Pizza Balls.
We grabbed the unused biscuit dough from Thanksgiving and in my head I was going to make one long roll type. Well honestly, that was the great idea I had in my head but when trying to execute it without a rolling-pin or even an actual round glass in the house it didn’t go to plan. So we scratched that and went for balls instead. Best idea the kids had in a long time.
They turned out pretty dang tasty if I do say so myself. Paired it up with the leftover BBQ Whiskey Meatballs and some salad. We were golden! One thing I will make sure to do when I make these again is to 1 put more cheese in them. Maybe instead of doing shredded, I’ll do cubes of cheese. Secondly put more whatever it is we’re eating in them. To put it simply… Don’t skimp on the stuffing.
The kids had a blast making these. Pretty much the only thing I did was lay everything out for them, crack the egg and beat it. Otherwise this was all kid made. I was pretty impressed by their teamwork since these two can’t share a kitchen to save a soul and our kitchen is tinier then one you’d find in a 1 bed trailer. But they knocked them out like pro’s.
In the end the kids absolutely loved these. Hubs ended up warming up some marina sauce to dip his in. But I will make sure to put these on the list next month for an easy to make dinner for the kids. Maybe next time we’ll mix it up with a couple having sausage, green peppers, maybe even some with pineapple and Canadian bacon. Really the sky’s the limit on what to put in these bad boys.
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- 3 (10 count) cans of buttermilk biscuits
- 5 oz package of turkey pepperoni slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 jar favorite pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Flatten biscuits out, place pepperoni or whatever topping you’d like, place cheese on top.
- Gather edges of biscuit and form a ball.
- Place on greased baking sheet or on top of parchment paper, seal side down.
- Brush each roll with egg and then sprinkle Parmesan and Italian seasoning on top.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes depending on preferred color of biscuit.
- Warm pasta sauce for dipping.